Argh, internet problems. I do need to get out more, go to a few museums and parks while I'm still here, but I wanted to watch the rest of Leverage season 4 first, is that so much to ask? Hmph.
Instead I thought of several ways the Leverage crew and Stargate characters could meet:
1) The one where Parker and Vala steal spaceships. holdouttrout
already had this idea and wrote Fine Artists
, but there can be so much more than that. How did they end up working together, and what do their lives look like? Hardison is a hacker and their friend, Eliot is an ex-soldier for whatever evil government this universe has (Goa'uld or not?) and he knows Parker because she stole something for him that enabled him to quit, in return he protected her on dangerous jobs once or twice. Sam Carter is a mechanic and rebel sympathizer, but does not work with stolen goods, so they need a go-between (Daniel?). Jack and Nate know each other, but don't work together because Jack is a rebel, while Nate refuses to join the rebel alliance (Kinsey screwed him over and he has bad memories) and instead opens up his own spy network/covert operations, using his contacts to get things done. Vala worked for him several times. Teal'c is also a rebel, an ex-comrade of Eliot, but he quit long before Eliot and disapproves of what Eliot did. Daniel is a historian and a rebel who knows Vala, but refuses to say how. Sophie is a spy, thief, and smuggler, a rival of Vala, and occasionally works for both Nate and Jack. Insert plot here!
2) The one where the latest corrupt businessman Nate's team takes on is one of Ba'al's clones. It goes badly, but not before they steal some alien tech, and now Ba'al and
the SGC are after them.
3) The one where the Earth blows up, but Sophie stole an ID card/chip/whatever from an important IOA woman and ends up evacuated on the Daedalus on the way to Atlantis. She is discovered, but allowed to stay. On Atlantis, she meets Elizabeth and Teyla, and has to build a new life.
4) The one where Parker doesn't believe Hardison and Eliot that Area 52 is real, or is just curious, and in an ill-advised move Hardison picks out several top-secret installations on a map to prove it. The next weekend Parker sneaks on the Prometheus, and the others have to get her back.
5) The one where Parker is an alien SG-1 met and took with them when her planet exploded. Nobody suspects anything (Hardison does, but nobody believes him), and Parker and Sam regularly meet for coffee. (And Parker slowly figures out that the team is family and Sam is a friend, awww.)
6) The one where they all simultaneously find out that they all know about the Stargate program, but each of them thought they were the only ones. (Hardison: see Wargames Didn't Play Out Like This
, or he found secret government files somewhere, Eliot: ran across some aliens running loose on Earth, Parker: broke into a secret research facility, Sophie: ran a con on an IOA member (Woolsey?), Nate: he just knows things.) They find out when they stumble upon a piece of alien tech and nobody is surprised.
7) The one where the Goa'uld take over Earth and they fight back. After a few successful missions they meet what's left of the SGC. Sophie imitating a Goa'uld, Parker sneaking through a ha'tak, Hardison making Independence Day jokes...
I already wrote some of #3, but it's very hard to write from the POV of someone who just lost everyone they cared for, lost their entire planet, and now has to get used to life on a spaceship/space station. I don't think I can do that very well. Maybe I'll just skip most of it and write a few scenes with Sophie and Elizabeth.
Now I'm thinking about #1 – I could just not write a plot and instead a series of snippets, introducing the universe. That could be fun. Also perfect for other crossovers from everywhere else. Firefly, of course - Inara is an old acquaintance of Sophie's, Jayne and Eliot know each other, so do Mal and Nate, Wash only trusts Sam's repairs, Zoe and Teal'c met in a bar; Neal Caffrey is a conman, so is Mozzie, and both of them know Vala and Nate; it would probably be too crazy to have the Claymores as agents of the Evil Empire. (Teresa is Vala's personal nemesis.) Jack Sparrow is a space pirate, and the Emperor is Palpatine. And so on and so on – my brain is crazy.
All bunnies are free for taking, btw.